TROY, Mich – June 18, 2015 –
Today solidThinking, Inc. introduces solidThinking Inspire® 2015. The latest generation of Inspire combines faster geometry functions with an updated user interface and significantly expands the scope and complexity of problems that can be addressed. Several new functions have been added based on the most common requests from the Inspire user community. These include: Fasteners (bolts or screws), Joints (pins or sliding pins), and Contacts (bonded, contact, or no contact). Leveraging these capabilities, Inspire users can now easily model, optimize, and analyze model assemblies.
“Professionals using Inspire rely on its ability to simulate realistic loading conditions,” says Andrew Bartels, Program Manager for solidThinking Inspire. “With support for assembly optimization, users can now incorporate a surrounding structure into their optimizations and gain a deeper understanding of the relationship between multiple components.”
“Designing components for high performance applications has never been easier,” says David Anderson, Founder and Principal Mechanical Engineer of Exact Engineering. “solidThinking Inspire lets my team explore optimized designs at the beginning of the development process and gets us started on the right foot. The tool consistently helps us deliver lighter, stiffer parts for a wide variety of products.”
for images, videos, and more information about the latest version of solidThinking Inspire.
Key updates for Inspire 2015 include:
Fasteners and Joints
– Connect multiple parts in a model using bolts, screws, pins, or sliding pins. Inspire’s workflow identifies areas in the model with aligned holes to make the process easy and intuitive.
– Users can now designate whether neighboring parts should be bonded, contacting, or have no contact for more realistic optimization results.
- G loads can now be added to a model through the Model Browser.
Updated User Interface
– To accommodate the new tools offered in Inspire 2015, a new ribbon style interface organizes the tools into tabs. Users are able to customize the tabs to tailor the workflow to their process.
Faster Geometry Functions
– Geometry functions in the program are running up to 300% faster than previous versions of Inspire.
solidThinking Inspire enables design engineers, product designers, and architects to create and investigate structurally efficient concepts quickly and easily, leading to reductions in cost, development time, material consumption, and product weight. The program’s optimization capabilities are sought after in multiple industries including aerospace, automotive, heavy equipment, architecture, and consumer products.